Friday, November 6, 2009

A few of my favorite things


With the holidays fast approaching I thought I'd share a few very affordable gift ideas which also make great stocking stuffers (hint, hint).

The first is for all the foodies on your list with an appetite for expensive cheeses. I learned about Cheese Paper at one of the local cheese shops where my sister and I purchased more cheese than we could consume in her short visit. After a week and a half I was pleased to find that the leftover cheeses we wrapped in the Cheese Paper were still good. Cheese Paper is a porous paper that simulates a cheese cave environment and keeps cheeses fresher longer. Packages of 15 sheets, which can be cut down for smaller pieces and labels that you can record origin, type and date of purchase run about $9. To learn more about Cheese Paper visit: https://www.formaticum.com/shop/product.php?productid=16157&cat=0&bestseller=Y .

While you're out shopping for cheese and anything else under 40 lbs. you'll definitely want to bring along a Chico Bag. These reusable, washable bags are convenient and stylish. They fit into the attached little pouch and can be tossed in your glove box, or if you're like me you'll keep one or two in your purse for those spur of the moment shopping sprees. I paid a little more for mine at REI, but you can purchase them for $6.49 at: http://www.chicobag.com/p-17-chicobag-vita.aspx. Chico Bags are available in an array of colors and make great stocking stuffers for all the eco-friendly people on your holiday shopping list. This is one gift you won't mind receiving duplicates of.

Last, but certainly not least...SoftLips lip moisturizer. I keep one on my night stand, desk, glove box and my purse. My niece turned me onto SoftLips when she included a two pack in a hand bag she gave me as a Christmas gift last year. I was hooked with the first application which left my lips feeling silky soft without feeling waxy. And, if that's not enough it also has SPF 20. SoftLips is available in a variety of flavors, my favorites are vanilla and winter mint. Unfortunately, you can only find the winter mint during the holidays so if you find it, stock up! You can find SoftLips sold in two packs at Target and at most drug stores and they run about $2.79 for 1 or $3.99 for a pack of 2.

1 comment: